2021 Summer Camp & Programming Ministry
Central Mission Center - Community of Christ
2021 Summer Camp & Programming Ministry Position
Applications Open Until Position Filled
Central Mission Center is looking to find 2 individuals interested in gaining practical ministry training in youth ministry, to engage in activities to develop skills in youth ministry, test gifts and call to the vocation of youth ministry and provide support to the Youth Ministries program of Central Mission Center.
To assist the Youth Ministries team in preparation and implementation of the summer camping program. Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Share the gospel of Jesus Christ and encourage youth in their discipleship formation through the study of scripture, prayer, fellowship & service.
- Maintain personal, spiritual & professional growth.
- Attend summer camps when assigned to include, but not limited to: High School Camp & trips, Middle School Camp, Junior Camp, Children’s Camp & Reunions (some camps depend on age.)
- Assist in the planning, preparation & execution of administrative responsibilities of the camps.
- Participate in the development & implementation of camp registration (to include name tags, copies, registration, health forms, etc.).
- Participate in a variety of roles in each camping situation. This may include, but not limited to, class teacher, activities coordinator, counselor, pastorate & minimal business management, program help.
- Prepare & send out mailings & other communication in preparation for camping events.
- Congregation & Mission Center ministries where & when appropriate.
- May engage with local outreach efforts such as Hawthorne Place & Western Independence ministries.
- Journal internship learnings/experiences to be reviewed by Youth Ministries.
A look back at 2019- Caleb LaMastres
“This summer was a great experience overall! From reunions to camps, I found myself in roles that I didn’t know I could do. From teaching classes, to setting up events, to being a counselor, it felt like a new great adventure each week. The thing I’m most proud of this summer was being able to positively impact kids’ lives and help them navigate their unique relationship with God. “
Caleb’s experience from Summer 2019
A look back at 2019- Claire Wilson
” My favorite part of the summer was spec. I got to dive into a new experience of being a leader for the delegation. I loved getting to bond with the youth and coaching teams. It was a week I will remember.”
Claire’s experience during Spectacular 2019
- Ability to work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding & patience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to create, prepare & teach activities (classes, devotions, etc.)
- Good character, integrity & adaptability
- Knowledge & understanding of the Enduring Principles & the Mission Initiatives of Community of Christ.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, & patience
- High school graduate
- 21 or older
- Video production and/or proficiency with Microsoft Office, Worship presentation software, etc.
- Knowledge of Mac programs
- Registered Youth Worker with Community of Christ
- Able to seek clarification & direction when needed
- Active member in church life year around
Applicants must have reliable transportation. The job requires very flexible hours.
Pay: $10.30/hour for an average of 7 weeks
Position Dates: Tentatively June 7th through July 23rd, 2021