Breathe New Life
June 6-10, 2018
Guest Minister: Lachlan Mackay, Council of Twelve
Directors: Amy Estep and Suzie Godfrey
June 10-15, 2018
Guest Minister: Michele McGrath, Presiding Bishopric
Directors: Meghan and Jayson Gray
Registration Now Open at Centralmission.org
Graceland University Concert Choir
Friday, May 4, 2018—7:30pm.
Woods Chapel Community of Christ
500 NE Woods Chapel Road, Lee’s Summit MO
Part of the 2018 Concert Choir Tour
- Community of Christ Educators Association is offering scholarships for church members going into the field of education—junior or senior year in college. Please contact Cindy Frerking at email@example.com if you would like an application and related materials. We are also accepting donations of money to help pay for the scholarships. You may send your tax-free donation to: Community of Christ Educators Association, P.O. Box 104, Independence, MO 64051.
- May 3 & 6 Child Protection Training at the Family Life Center (500 W Pacific Ave, Independence MO 64050) at 6:00pm on Thursday’s (March 1; May 3) and 1:30pm on Sunday’s (March 4; May 6). For children and youth workers, CIT’s, camp staff, ordinand and priesthood who have not yet taken the class. Please register with Tyler Horringa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, contact info and training date you will be attending. Each training session is the same, so participants only need to sign up for & attend one training date.
- Attention Keyboardists We have congregations which need keyboardists who have the time and desire to share their ministry. If you are willing to play the piano or organ, even one or two times per year during the Sunday AM worship service, please contact Lavone Little 816-833-4300 x600 or email@example.com.
- IYF Housing 2018 We are seeking host families in the Central Mission Center area who could house international IYF students and leaders as early as July 15 through July 21. (We’ll know specific arrival times later.) Host families would need to provide meals except during the actual event on July 19 & 20, as well as transportation to and from the Temple during IYF. Delegations leave for Spectacular on the 21st. Must be a Registered Youth Worker (classes are available if not registered). Please inform if your home or vehicle is handicap accessible/adapted and if you speak French or Spanish. Please contact IYF International Housing Coordinator, Madora Graffeo, if interested. Call or text 816-392-1863 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camp Moja 2018 is right around the corner. This year we are celebrating the Wizarding World of Moja and will be having a Yule Ball and need your help. If you have any of the following items that you can donate it will help keep the cost of camp down for the campers. Donations can be dropped off at the Central Mission Center office between now and May 1. Please send any inquiries to email@example.com and check out our website at campmoja.org. Items requested: White Christmas lights, fake Christmas trees, Silver-Gold-or Blue Christmas ornaments, Dresses, Suit Jackets, Men’s Ties and Umbrellas.
- May 20 Homeless Graduates Project The Independence Ministerial Alliance (IMA) is asking faith communities to support a fund providing graduation gift cards for homeless teens who attend Independence High Schools Help give the 2018 a good start by making a tax deductible donation. Checks made payable to: Independence Ministerial Alliance with a note: Homeless Graduate’s project. Mail to Rev. Sherry McGlaughlin, Pastor; Blue Ridge Blvd Christian Church (3625 Blue Ridge Blvd. Independence MO). IMA will present the funds to the Independence School District Foundation. Contact Jan Marshall 816-377-8381 for questions. Donations are tax deductible.
- June 2 Health Ministries Association Benefit Golf Tournament at Winter Stone. Enjoy 18 holes of fun and fresh air with special contests along the way. For mor information and to register go to Golf.HMACofChrist.org.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- Treasure in the Trunk & Craft Bazzar- Reserve your space now for this Spring Event at Liberty Street Congregation (416 N. Liberty, Independence MO 64050), Saturday, April 28th, 8am-3pm. Parking Lot Space is $10 and Inside Craft Space is $15 ($13 if participant brings their own table). Contact Information & Reservation for this event is Lynne Madsen. Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-756-7999 (Please call between 4pm-8pm).
- April 28 Homemeade Chicken Noodle Dinner 4:00pm – 7:00pm, Buckner Community of Christ (1001 S. Sibley St., Buckner MO). The cost is $7.50 and kids under 4 eat free. This is a congregation fundraiser.
- May 2-5 Huge Tag Sale at Colonial Hills congregation (3539 SW 7 Hwy, Blue Springs MO). May 2-4 (8:00am -7:00pm) May 5 (8:00am -2:00pm). Come find your treasures! Select from furniture, housewares, home decor items, seasonal decorations, clothing, toys, tools, books, and more. Most items (except furniture and special items) are $5 on Wednesday, $3 on Thursday, $1 on Friday and $.50 on Saturday. Proceeds benefit our youth camping ministry. More information 816-229-9344 or email@example.com
- May 5 Clothing Drive 10:00am-12 noon, Blue Ridge Community of Christ (3371 Blue Ridge Blvd, Independence MO). Bring your unwanted clothes, coats, shoes, purses, ties and belts. Fund raiser for our new flooring. For pick-ups call 816-373-4760 Sherralyn Vaughn, or 816-616-0137 Stephanie Vaughn.
- May 24 Blood Drive at Beacon Heights congregation (19402 E. Holke Rd., Independence) from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Pre-register is preferred by www.redcrossblood.org and look for drives near “64057”. Then Scroll down to Beacon Heghts. Please contact Larry Martin to sign up directly: Lddsmartin@att.net or 816-550-4429. Thank you in advance for this important and vital service to the community
- May 2 – Retired Appointees and Spouses will meet at 11:15 am at Pizza Ranch (4660 S. Bass Pro Drive, Independence MO). The program will be presented by Superintendent Dr. Dale Herl, who will be speaking about the Career Academies implemented by the Independence School District. For further information contact Sheran Long, 816-600-5065 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 7-12 Camp Renew, Graceland University, Lamoni Iowa. Cost $210.00, Call Deb Kroesen 816-288-0536.
- July 9-12 Music and Arts Camp Imagine and Create at Good Shepherd Community of Christ (4341 Blue Ridge Blvd., KCMO) from 9am-12noon. For kids who have completed grades 1-7. Mark your calendars and watch for registration details. Looking forward to seeing Returning Campers and meeting First Timers!
- May 16 ELEVATE! 6:45pm-8:30pm. Season Finale & Senior Send-off.
This Central Mission ministry filled with fun, food, games, prizes, praise music, and God’s message helps youth grow spiritually. Meet together at 6:45pm and then enjoy middle school and high school breakouts! Invite your friends!
PURSUUE PEACE ON EARTH
- April 28 International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons: “A Humanitarian and Faith-Based Approach” from 2:00pm-3:30pm. Mathew Bolton and Emily Welty, representatives from ICAN, winner of the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize, will Speak at Community of Christ Stone Church (1012 W Lexington, Independence Mo).
- International Headquarters: Has a full time position for Director of Human Resource Ministries. The position description and applications are on the website.
- Dynamic Youth Minister for Gudgell Park Congregation. This is a part-time position responsible for directing and implementing youth programming which includes Neighborhood Hangout Program. The salary package will be negotiable, based on qualifications and experience. Interested parties please send resume and letter of interest to:email@example.com
- Lake Doniphan Summer Camp Staff –May 31- July 31 this program is for ages 16 and up. This experience provides participants with an opportunity to spend a summer of learning, working, and living at Lake Doniphan Conference and Retreat Center in Excelsior Springs, MO. Program participants will learn and work in multiple areas of camp, conference and retreat management. The assignment will vary each day and week, depending on the needs of the camp, and the skills of the participant Specific responsibilities may include lifeguard, waterfront, recreation, office and guest support, pool management, landscape maintenance, meal preparation, inventory, sanitary/safety requirements, etc. For a full position description and application, please contact Lavone Little at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-595-1748.