ATTENTION: Due to current closure requirements our schedules are being adjusted and activities are being rescheduled. Please check back often for updates.
Participate in celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Lake Doniphan Conference & Retreat Center! For a $20 donation, you can receive a 75th Anniversary t-shirt or for a $15 donation, you can receive a Lake Doniphan Coffee Mug. Contact the Central Mission Center office. Sizes available: Kids S-XL; Adult S-XXL. Additional donations gladly accepted.
- Thank You- The Center Place Singers would like to thank everyone who came out and supported the Chicken Dinner. Thank you making this event so successful.
- April 23 and 26 THESE WILL NOW BE OFFERED ONLINE 6:00 pm, the 26th will be at 1:30pm Child Protection Training at the Family Life Center. Please register with Tyler Horringa (email@example.com) with your name and contact info. You only need to sign up for & attend one training date.
- June 19-25 Adventurer’s Reunion @ YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, CO.For more information click here.
MINISTRY & PRIESTHOOD COURSES
- New Dates TBA 6:00 – 9:00 pm Introduction to Priesthood Ministry at Walnut Gardens. Instructor Sue Phipps. Register with Laura Reed at 816-833-4300
- New Dates TBA 6:00 – 9:00 pm the 18th will be 9am to Noon. Introduction to Scripture at Family Life Center. Instructor Jeanne Earnest. Register with Laura Reed at 816-833-4300
- May 2 & 9 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Ministry of Elder at Woods Chapel. Instructor Bob Gardner. Register with Laura Reed at 816-833-4300
- May 2 & 9 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Ministry of Priest at Woods Chapel. Instructor Kristy Sturgis. Register with Laura Reed at 816-833-4300
- May 2 & 9 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Ministry of Deacon at Woods Chapel. Instructor Jim Carlson. Register with Laura Reed at 816-833-4300
- E-Learning Classes:
- Ministry of the Teacher (MP 303): 6 weeks, April 4- May 15 ($25)
- Introduction to Scripture (SS400): 8 weeks, April 4-May 29 ($25)
- Ministry with Latter-day Seekers: 4 weeks, April 4-May 1 ($20)
- Children and Youth Worker Core Training: Complete at own pace- Class open, April 4-July 7 ($18).
To enroll, go to developemetrics.org and click on the “USA Registration Form.” Class cost must be paid before class.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- 2nd & 4th Saturdays 10:30 am – 2:00 pm Coldwater of Lee’s Summit’s Food Pantry and Clothes Closet Friend’s Days (except in Nov. and Dec. when it is 1st & 3rd Saturdays). Bring your ID.
- 1st,2nd & 4th Thursdays 10:00 am—2:00 pm, Crochet skills needed for plastic mat preparation for the homeless at Village Heights
- First Fridays at East 39th Congregation—Project Linus Blanket Day sewing ministry. Contact Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1st and 3rd Fridays 9:45 am—11:45 am, MOMS @ Colonial Hills (3539 S 7 Hwy, Blue Springs) for mothers. Childcare provided.
- New Covenant Discipleship Groups at Good Shepherd. Anyone interested in enhancing their devotional life and sharing their discipleship journey in community is welcome! Meetings are twice a month and currently we have a group on Monday afternoons, Tuesday nights or Thursday mornings. Contact Nancy L. Shaw at 816.737.2061 for more information
- ELEVATE!- NOW ONLINE click here for details We will meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month on Zoom! It is time for the youth of Central Mission to gather for food, fun, games, and meaningful conversations, engaging activities, prizes, music and more! You won’t want to miss this! Questions? Contact Tyler Horringa at 816-595-1735 or email at email@example.com. For more information please Click Here
- CIT’s For Junior Camp for details and to apply click here
- July 27-30 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Music and Arts Camp: Imagine and Create at Good Shepherd. Art & music experiences for kids finishing grades 1-7. Registration information coming soon. Contact Jennifer Stabno at 816-812-9299 with questions.
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- Kids’ Club for grades K-5 NOW ON ZOOM at Woods Chapel and Lee’s Summit Congregations. Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:00 pm 1st and 3rd Wed at Woods Chapel 2nd and 4th at Lee’s Summit. Dinner served weekly at both locations (LS at 5:30, WC at 6:00)
- GRACELAND UNIVERSITY Your Church/Your School…”The Power of Together.” Contact your admissions counselor, Emily Martz, for information on joining the Graceland Family. Emartz@graceland.edu and 816-423-4701
- The Harbor-Young Adult Worship and small group discussion is meeting at 5:00 pm on the 1st and 3rd Sunday’s of each month at Good Shepherd. Child Care provided.
- POSTPONED Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the third Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- Kids Jam Club at South Crysler seeking program volunteers. Classroom Assistants needed from 3:30—6:00 pm on Wednesdays and Dish Room help from 6:00—7:00 pm. For additional info contact Glenda White at email@example.com.
- Lee’s Summit Food Pantry and Clothes Closet needs volunteers on Saturdays. If interested, contact Marti at firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and times.
- Happy Bottoms needs volunteers Wednesdays from 9 am-2 pm at Grandview Congregation. Contact Sherry Cobb for more details 816-896-3286
- Central Mission Center Summer Camp & Programming Ministry Position- looking for someone over the age of 18 who is passionate about youth ministry and summer camps. For details and to apply click here
- Lake Doniphan Conference & Retreat Center Summer Staff Positions- Seasonal Leadership Program: Kitchen Assistant, Grounds Keeper or Summer Activities staff, prefer 19 yrs and older, great for college students. Email Katelin@lakedoniphan.com
- Summer Intern for Kirtland and Nauvoo- full-time position. Details can be found here
- Summer Guide for the Temple- Details can be found here
- Youth/Young Adult Minister/ Social Media Specialist – Midlands Mission Center- full-time position. Details can be found here