Ministry & Priesthood
Fall Temple School
August 4th & 11th- 9:00-3:00
MP 300- Introdruction to Priesthood Ministry
September 14th- 6:00-9:00
September 15th 9:00-5:00
MP 302- Ministry of the Deacon
MP 303- Ministry of the Teacher
MP 304- Ministry of the Priest
MP- Ministry of the Elder
October 6, 13, 20, 27- 9:00-12:30
SS 400- Introduction to Scripture
Materials must be purchased in advance through the Herald House
To register contact Lavone Little at the Mission Center Office 816-595-1748 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attention Keyboardists We have congregations which need keyboardists who have the time and desire to share their ministry. If you are willing to play the piano or organ, please contact Lavone Little 816-833-4300 x600 or email@example.com.
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE
If you are preparing for priesthood ministry, make plans to attend the appropriate classes. Please register by calling Lavone Little at the mission center office 816-595-1748 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help the instructors plan accordingly. Locations and instructors will be announced soon. All are welcome to attend these courses.
- August 4 & 11 9:00am-3:00pm TS-MP 300 Introduction to Priesthood
- September 14 & 15 6:00-9:00 and 9:00-5:00 TS-MP 302, 303, 304, & 305 (Ministry of the Deacon, Teacher, Priest, & Elder).
- October 6,13,20, &27 9:00-12:30 Introduction to Scripture
- Do you love church history? Visit the annual John Whitmer Historical Association meeting in Blue Springs, Missouri at the Adams Pointe Conference Center to learn and explore our history with scholars from a variety of backgrounds. Our theme, “Our Stories Fashion Order out of Chaos” celebrates the rich history and personal stories of our faith. Visit little known sites in Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas, take a guided wagon ride around the Temple lot, enjoy a casual coach ride to the Bingham Waggoner estate and the Hamilton, MO Quilt festival, or take a class to hone your history skills. Sunday, join Joseph III and Ada as they celebrate the history of our hymns at our annual hymn sing. Find out more at www.jwha.info. Advance registration is required. Registration closes September 15, 2018.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- Each Wednesday Good Shepherd congregation (4341 Blue Ridge Blvd., Kansas City) will have a STRETCH YOGA class from 9:30 am-10:30 am, led by Margaret French. Cost is only $2 per class. Everyone is welcome. RSVP to Nancy L. Shaw at 816-737-2061 if interested.
- July 21 Free Clothing Exchange at Summit Grove Congregation (411 S. Lee’s Summit Rd., Independence, MO). All are welcome 9:00am-2:00pm. Clothing sizes infants to adults. Donations appreciated but not required. For more information, please contact Elaine Schwensen at 254-6524.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATION IN MISSION CONT’D
- July 28 Free Clothing Exchange at Beacon Heights Congregation (19402 E. Holke Rd, Independence, MO). All are welcome 10:00 am-2:00 pm. Families are urged to bring their slightly used, but clean, or new children’s clothes and exchange them for clothes that fit. Bring your sacks with you to take home the clothes that fit your family. Please contact Larry Martin with any questions, 816-550-4429.
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence MO). One will be at 10:00am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the third Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- IYF Housing 2018 We are seeking host families in the Central Mission Center area who could house international IYF students and leaders as early as July 15 through July 21. (We’ll know specific arrival times later.) Host families would need to provide meals except during the actual event on July 19 & 20, as well as transportation to and from the Temple during IYF. Delegations leave for Spectacular on July 21. Must be a Registered Youth Worker (classes are available if not registered). It would be helpful to know if your home or vehicle is handicapped accessible/adapted and if you speak French or Spanish. Please contact IYF International Housing Coordinator, Madora Graffeo, if interested. Call or text 816-392-1863 or email@example.com.
- August 25 Save the date for “Lifestyle as Stewardship,” the 2018 Health & Spirituality Workshop presented by the Health Ministries Association in conjunction with Temple Ministries.
- August 5 60th Wedding Anniversary Celebration for Barb and Jerry Wiley from 1:00pm-4:00pm. Village Heights Community of Christ Congregation (1009 Farview Drive, Independence MO) invites you to the celebration. Barb and Jerry’s story will be shared at 2:00pm. Food and fellowship will follow.
Dynamic Youth Minister for Gudgell Park Congregation. This is a part-time position responsible for directing and implementing youth programming which includes Neighborhood Hangout Program. The salary package will be negotiable, based on qualifications and experience. Interested parties please send resumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Headquarters: Full time Accountant position available until September 15, 2018. The position description and application may be found at http://www.CofChrist.org/human-resources-job-
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
- July 23-27 VBS at New Hope Congregation (220 W. Moore, Independence, MO). Theme: God Will Take Care of You from 9:00- noon. Pre-K thru 6th grade (ages 4-11).
August 5-8 VBS at Beacon Heights Congregation (19402 E. Holke Rd. Independence MO). Theme: Mighty Fortress from 6:15-8:30pm. A light dinner will be provided at 5:30pm. Classes for all ages, including adults