Participate in celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Lake Doniphan Conference & Retreat Center! For a $20 donation, you can receive a 75th Anniversary t-shirt. Contact the Central Mission Center office. Sizes available: Kids S-XL; Adult S-XXL. Additional donations gladly accepted.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- October 5, 6:00-8:30 pm Saturday Night Campfire at Stone Church (East side of River across from the Stone Church).
- September 28, & October 5, 6:00-8:30 pm Saturday Night Campfire at Stone Church (East side of River across from the Stone Church).
- Sept 27-28, 9:00 am–6:00pm Fri & 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Sat. Open Arms Garage Sale
- 2nd & 4th Saturdays 10:30 am – 2:00 pm Coldwater of Lee’s Summit’s Food Pantry and Clothes Closet Friend’s Days (except in Nov. and Dec. when it is 1st & 3rd Saturdays). Bring your ID.
- 1st,2nd & 4th Thursdays 10:00 am—2:00 pm, Crochet skills needed for plastic mat preparation for the homeless at Village Heights
- First Fridays at East 39th Congregation—Project Linus Blanket Day sewing ministry. Contact Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or email@example.com.
- 1st and 3rd Fridays 9:45 am—11:45 am, MOMS @ Colonial Hills (3539 S 7 Hwy, Blue Springs) for mothers. Childcare provided. Sept. 6 make apple pies & Sept. 20 Yoga.
- September 24 & each Tuesday until Mid-December Book of Mormon class at South Crysler from 9:30 am to 10:30 am. Facilitator: Karen Moreland (816-358-0487).
- New Covenant Discipleship Groups at Good Shepherd. Anyone interested in enhancing their devotional life and sharing their discipleship journey in community is welcome! Meetings are twice a month and currently we have a group on Monday afternoons, Tuesday nights or Thursday mornings. Contact Nancy L. Shaw at 816.737.2061 for more information
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE
- eLearning Classes: “Red Session” Registration begins October 3 (first come, first-served).
- Introduction to Scripture (SS 400): 8-weeks Oct 19-Dec 13 ($25)
- Ministry of the Disciple (MP 301): 6-weeks Oct 19-Nov 29 ($25)
- Ministry with Latter-day Seekers: 4-weeks Oct 19-Nov 15 ($20)
- Children & Youth Core Training (0106) Oct 19-Nov 13 ($18)
Visit developmetrics.org & click on “USA Registration Form” page.
Ministry and Priesthood Courses
- Intro to Priesthood Ministry—Oct. 9, 16, 23,30 6:00-9:00 pm @ Walnut Gardens
- Intro to Scripture—Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12 9:00-2:00 pm @ Family Life Center
- Ministry of Elder, Priest, Deacon, Teacher—TBA
Please call the MC office by Sept. 22 to register. Please order materials from heraldhouse.org prior to class.
- October 17 & 20 Child Protection Training at the Family Life Center(500 W Pacific Ave, Independence MO 64050) at 6:00pm on Thursday’s (October 17) and 1:30pm on Sunday’s (October 20). For children and youth workers, CIT’s, camp staff, ordains and priesthood who have not yet taken the class. Please register with Tyler Horringa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, contact info and training date you will be attending. You only need to take one of the two class sessions.
- September 23, 2:00 pm Temple Ambassador Corps In the Continents Room of the Temple.
- October 2nd Elevate 6:45-8:30pm for 6-12 graders. Theme: Mindful Visualization We will meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Colonial Hills Congregation (3539 MO-7, Blue Springs). It is time for the youth of Central Mission to gather for food, fun, games, and meaningful conversations, engaging activities, prizes, music and more! You won’t want to miss this! Questions? Contact Tyler Horringa at 816-595-1735 or email at email@example.com. For more information please Click Here
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- GRACELAND UNIVERSITY Your Church/Your School…”The Power of Together.” Contact your admissions counselor, Emily Martz, for information on joining the Graceland Family. Emartz@graceland.edu and 816-423-4701
- October 2 Retired Appointees and Spouses will meet at 11:15 a.m. at Pizza Ranch, Independence.
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the second Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- September 28: SAVE THE DATE: Health Ministries Benefit Golf Tournament at WinterStone Golf Course. Put together a congregational team or two and start practicing.
- September 29, 6:00—7:00 pm Open Mic Event to share Poetry & Music @ Main Street Coffee House. No age limits! Sponsored by Stone Church Ministry of the Arts. Contact Marcia Pugh firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Stone Church 254-2211.
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact email@example.com or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- Kids Jam Club at South Crysler seeking program volunteers. Classroom Assistants needed from 3:30—6:00 pm on Wednesdays and Dish Room help from 6:00—7:00 pm. For additional info contact Glenda White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lee’s Summit Food Pantry and Clothes Closet needs volunteers on Saturdays. If interested, contact Marti at email@example.com for dates and times.
- Stone church AV Specialist: Duties include managing the audio and video for all Worship services & training others to operate the audio and video systems. All inquiries must complete an application. This is a paid position.
- IHQ Part-time position at: Staff Pastor– The position description and application can be found at https://www.cofchrist.org/human-resources-job-opportunities.