Breathe New Life
June 6-10, 2018
Guest Minister: Lachlan Mackay, Council of Twelve
Directors: Amy Estep and Suzie Godfrey
June 10-15, 2018
New Guest Minister
Steve Veazey and Cathleen Cackler-Veazey , Church President, High Priest
Directors: Meghan and Jayson Gray
Central Mission Center will be closed
Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day
- Community of Christ Educators Association is offering scholarships for church members going into the field of education—junior or senior year in college. Please contact Cindy Frerking at email@example.com for an application and related materials. We are also accepting donations of money to help pay for the scholarships. You may send your tax-free donation to Community of Christ Educators Association, P.O. Box 104, Independence, MO 64051.
- Attention Keyboardists We have congregations which need keyboardists who have the time and desire to share their ministry. If you are willing to play the piano or organ, please contact Lavone Little 816-833-4300 x600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Arms Congregation has 175 metal chairs and 2 podiums for sale. For photos and information visitopenarms-communityofchrist.org/for-sale.html or contact Dave Winship at email@example.com or 816-651-8255.
- Online Temple School Courses Two Ministry and Priesthood classes will be available online for those finding it difficult to attend live events. Each learning class lasts 8 weeks during which students proceed through readings, videos, and quizzes together. Students may access each week’s class 24 hours a day, 6 days a week providing flexibility in class schedules. The following classes are open for registration (limited space). Ministry of the Priest & Ministry of the Elder June16—August 10. To register visit the site http://developmetrics.org and click on “USA Registration Form.” Pay registration fee of $25.00 online or via mailed check.
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE – Ministry and Priesthood Courses
- June 23-24 Temple School Course for the Elder will be held at Grandview congregation (12600 Byars Rd., Grandview, MO). Saturday 9:30 am-4:30 pm (half-hour lunch) and Sunday from 1:00 pm-4:30 pm. Registration deadline is June 15. To register please contact Brenda Clements at Brenda.firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- May 23, Wednesday, and continuing through the summer each Wednesday Good Shepherd congregation (4341 Blue Ridge Blvd., Kansas City) will have a STRETCH YOGA class from 9:30 am-10:30 am, led by Margaret French. Cost is only $2 per class. Everyone is welcome. RSVP to Nancy L. Shaw at 816-737-2061 if interested.
- May 24 Blood Drive at Beacon Heights congregation (19402 E. Holke Rd., Independence) from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Pre-registration is preferred by www.redcrossblood.org and look for drives near 64057. Then scroll down to Beacon Heights. Please contact Larry Martin to sign up directly: Lddsmartin@att.net or 816-550-4429. Thank you in advance!
- May 25 at 7:00 pm Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction at Parkview congregation (801 SW 19th, Blue Springs, MO). Cost is a donation at the door. The proceeds go towards campership funds and youth activities.
- May 30-31 SALE/BAKE SALE at South Crysler congregation (3100 S Crysler, Independence) from 8:00 am-6:00 pm. Items include gently used household items, furniture, home décor, seasonal decorations, tools, clothes, books, treasures, collectibles, and more. Fresh delicious baked goods every day. Funds will go to outreach program and maintenance needs. If you have items to donate or have questions, contact Julie (816-739-2577).
- May 23 High School Camp Band High School youth who would like to play in the High School Camp Band, meet Wednesday, May 23, at 7:00 pm at the Family Life Center. Bring your instrument of choice. The band will be incorporated into morning worship and campfire at camp.
- July 9-12 Kids’ Arts Camp: Imagine and Create at Good Shepherd congregation (4341 Blue Ridge Blvd., Kansas City) from 9:00am-noon for children who have completed grades 1-7. Family and Friends Program on Thursday evening at 7:00 pm. Twelve classes to choose from; classes assigned on a “first come” basis! FREE but registration is required. Online registration at goodshepherdcoc.org/kids. For additional details contact Jennifer Stabno (478-3618).
- July 7-12 Camp Renew, Graceland University, Lamoni Iowa. Cost $210.00, Call Deb Kroesen 816-288-0536.
- June 6 Retired Appointees and Spouses will meet at 11:15am at Pizza Ranch (4660 S. Bass Pro Drive, Independence). The program will be “Experiences at camp, reunion, or a vacation” or “What new adventure are you anticipating?” For further information, contact Sheran Long at 816-600-5065 or email@example.com.
- June 4 Church Women United will meet at First Christian Church (125 S. Pleasant, Independence, MO) at 10:00 am for a business meeting. Remember to bring items for New Hope House. All women are invited and welcome to attend.
- IYF Housing 2018 We are seeking host families in the Central Mission Center area who could house international IYF students and leaders as early as July 15 through July 21. (We’ll know specific arrival times later.) Host families would need to provide meals except during the actual event on July 19 & 20, as well as transportation to and from the Temple during IYF. Delegations leave for Spectacular on July 21. Must be a Registered Youth Worker (classes are available if not registered). It would be helpful to know if your home or vehicle is handicapped accessible/adapted and if you speak French or Spanish. Please contact IYF International Housing Coordinator, Madora Graffeo, if interested. Call or text 816-392-1863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 20 Homeless Graduates Project The Independence Ministerial Alliance (IMA) is asking faith communities to support a fund providing graduation gift cards for homeless teens who attend Independence High Schools. Help give these 2018 graduates a good start by making a tax-deductible donation. Make checks payable to Independence Ministerial Alliance with a note: Homeless Graduates project. Mail to Rev. Sherry McGlaughlin, Pastor; Blue Ridge Blvd. Christian Church; 3625 Blue Ridge Blvd.; Independence, MO. IMA will present the funds to the Independence School District Foundation. Contact Jan Marshall 816-377-8381 for questions.
- June 2 Health Ministries Benefit Golf Tournament at Winter Stone. 8 am Shot gun start. Registration is $135 per player. Singles are welcome. New this year: fire the golf cannon! Registration includes greens fee, cart, breakfast, snacks, buffet lunch, 2 mulligans, and the chipping and putting contests. Register online at golf.hmacofchrist.org, For more information email email@example.com or call the Health Ministries office 816-833-1000, x1262. Enjoy a fun day while supporting this important work.
- Camp Moja would like to invite you to sponsor a camper bag this year. Each bag is $20.00 and money goes to keep the cost of camp down for our campers. For more information go to www.campmoja.org and click on Fundraising.
- International Headquarters has a full time position for Director of Human Resource The position description and applications are on the website: http://www.CofChrist.org/human-resources-job-opportunities.
- International Headquarters has a positon open for a summer guide. Please visit the church’s website for more information and to apply: http://www.CofChrist.org/human-resources-job-opportunities.
- Dynamic Youth Minister for Gudgell Park Congregation. This is a part-time position responsible for directing and implementing youth programming which includes Neighborhood Hangout Program. The salary package will be negotiable, based on qualifications and experience. Interested parties please send resumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lake Doniphan Summer Camp Staff—May 31–July 31. This program is for ages 16+. This experience provides participants with an opportunity to spend a summer of learning, working, and living at Lake Doniphan Conference and Retreat Center in Excelsior Springs, MO. Program participants will learn and work in multiple areas of camp, conference, and retreat management. For a full position description and application, please contact Lavone Little at email@example.com or 816-595-1748.
- July 4-5 The Laurel Club needs your help! Community of Christ has the honor this July of hosting the International Association of Organists. They are expecting to serve about 1,000 people on July 5. There are sit-down and stand-up jobs. Please call Lisa Freberg at 816-590-7009 and leave a message on her voice mail with how you can help.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
- June 25-29 VBS “Rollin River Rampage” from 6:30 pm-9:00 pm. Good Shepherd & Village Heights congregations. Pre-school thru 5th Good Shepherd congregation (4341 Blue Ridge Blvd. KCMO). Please register online before June 20 at GoodShepherdCoC.org/vbs. Details: Aaron Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharron Closson, email@example.com.
- June 18-22 Colonial Hills Vacation Bible School. Theme: Puzzles of Peace. Dinner at 5:30pm (free will offering) Activities 6:15pm-8:30 pm. Preschool thru 5th Please register at http://www.colonialhills.orgvacation-bible-school/
- June 24-28 at Woods Chapel Congregation for children pre-school through 5th grade. Theme: “I’M A SUPER HERO” learning about Courage, Honesty, Generosity, and Kindness. Sunday, June 24: Family Carnival—supper & fun from 4:30–6:15. VBS activities start at 6:15. Mon-Wed: Supper at 5:30; activities from 6:00-8:00 pm. Thursday: VBS program and reception for parents/friends 7:00 pm (no supper)