The Central Mission Center office will be CLOSED Monday, January 21, for Martin Luther King, Jr Day
Delegates are needed for 2019 World Conference, if interested please contact Laura Reed 833-4300 ext 637 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jared Sloan 833-4300 ext 607 or email@example.com
Weekly Sunday morning Congregational Worship Service information, including speakers, is now available on the Mission Center Website HERE
Pastors: Please email your weekly speakers to LauraReed@centralmission.org if you would like your congregation information listed.
Share your Hospitality with International Delegates! Please consider opening your home to one or more of our international delegates.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
- Several hundred international delegates and field ministers will be in town from April 1-13
- Approximately 80 homes are needed to host our brothers and sisters during their stay in the area
- If you are a delegate from Central or Midlands Mission Center, sharing your home with our international visitors can enrich the entire World Conference experience for you both.
Whether you are a delegate or not, this is a unique opportunity to experience our worldwide church and make lasting friendships. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Dawn Pagat at 816-833-1000 ext. 2466 firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 4-10, Adventurer’s Reunion You are invited to “Reconnect” with friends from many places, coming together to create sacred community. This adventure is NOT for the faint of heart. Activities will include strenuous high altitude hikes, white water rafting & horseback riding in the Colorado Rockies. Singing, playing, laughing, dialogue and worship will be some elements of this unique gathering! God will be waiting! There is NO programming for children or youth. We will be offering excursions during the trip (whitewater rafting and horseback riding will be an additional fee). Attendees must be 1 year out of high school or older to attend. Click Here for more details.
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE
- Ministry and Priesthood classes will be offered this spring in various locations in the mission center. Stay tuned for details and locations!
- Winter Developing Disciples Workshop #1, Preaching Ministry with David Lloyd has been rescheduled for March 23.
- Save the dates Winter Developing Disciples workshop #2 will be February 9 with Apostle Janne Grover. Workshop #3 will be March 2 facilitated by the Mission Center President team. Details to follow later.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- Project Linus Blanket day at 10:00am the first Friday of every month at East 39th Street Congregation (15006 E 39th St, Independence). Bring your lunch, sewing machine, and a project to work on. If you need a project, a kit will be available. If you have questions call Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or email email@example.com.
- Tuesdays Book of Mormon class at South Crysler congregation (3100 S Crysler, Independence) from 9:30 am-10:30 am. Facilitator: Karen Moreland. For more info, contact Karen Moreland (816-358-0487).
- MOMS meets on first and third Fridays from 9:45 am-noon at Colonial Hills (3539 S 7 Hwy Blue Springs). For young children please bring a labeled sippy cup, stroller, and diaper bag. For more information Click Here
- February 2, 12:00 – 7:00 pm 15th Annual Chili and Soup Supper by the Mother’s Club of Troop 161 @ East Alton. $6:00 a person or $6:00 for a quart to go.
- January 30th, ELEVATE! Grace and Generosity @ Harvesters Community Service 6:00-8:00pm for 6-12 graders. This week we will be meeting at 3801 Topping Ave, KCMO instead of our normal meeting area. Check in is at 5:45pm. We will meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Colonial Hills Congregation (3539 MO-7, Blue Springs). It is time for the youth of Central Mission to gather for food, fun, games, and meaningful conversations, engaging activities, prizes, music and more! You won’t want to miss this! Questions? Contact Tyler Horringa at 816-595-1735 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please Click Here
- Wednesdays 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Kids’ Club for grades K-5 1st & 3rd Wednesday s at Woods Chapel and 2nd & 4th at Lee’s Summit. Dinner served weekly at both locations (LS at 5:30 pm—WC at 6:00pm).
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- January 23-26, 6:30-9:00 pm, Rally 2019 Different, at Family Life Center. For more detail Click Here
- March 1 is the deadline to apply for Central Mission Youth Ministries Summer Staff. Do you want to gain practical ministerial training in working with youth? Do you feel called to provide incredible summer camp ministry at Doniphan? Do you love campfires, canteen, worship, classes and free time? Do you feel empowered to give back to your youth ministry camping community? Then you should apply! Not only would you have the opportunity to serve at camp in various leadership and counseling roles, but you would also have the chance to work behind the scenes seeing what it takes to make camp the best it can be. There are other potential ministry opportunities such as neighborhood outreach and Hawthorn Place ministries. You must be 18 or older to apply (preferred 21). Applications are now available HERE For more information, contact Tyler Horringa by email at email@example.com or by phone at 86-595-1735.
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the third Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- February 10, 11:30 am – 1:30pm come join the Center Place Singers Chicken Dinner at Stone Church (1012 W Lexington, Independence). Cost: $10.00 for Adults; $4.00 for children 3-10; free for children under 2. Enjoy oven-baked chicken, great fellowship, and musical entertainment. Tickets available from any choir member or at the door. Carry-out also available.
- February 23, 6:00 pm, Health Ministries Hearts for Health Banquet @ Ophelia’s honoring the life and legacy of Joan Pratt. Reservations can be made at banquet.hmacofchrist.org or 833-1000, ext 1262
- February 3rd, Super Bowl Sunday Organ Concert XX Jan Kraybill will present her 20th annual Super Bowl Sunday Organ Concert, titled “On the Shoulders of Giants,” at 2:30 p.m. Under the dome of Community of Christ Auditorium in Independence.
Volunteers and Items needed for April 6 – 13, 2019 Conference Kids
6 Umbrella Stand-Alone Canopies
Lesson teachers for 1st & 2nd Grade, 3 & 4th Grade, 5 & 6th Grade as well as teachers of Recreation, Crafts, Ukelele, Yoga, and Cartooning. (2 hours, Mon. – Thurs.)
Shopkeepers for the Friday Jerusalem Marketplace.
Contact Wendy Scafe or Loretta Harlacher if you are able to help.
- April 6-13, 2019 Conference Kids volunteers and items needed. Lesson teachers for grades 1-6; teachers of recreation, crafts, ukulele, yoga, & cartooning; and shopkeepers, grandparent mentors. Contact Wendy Scafe (816-520-1042) or Loretta Harlacher (928-242-3095) if you are able to help.
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- MOMS group is seeking Childcare volunteers. Grandparents and friends who would like to help are needed on first and third Fridays from 9:45 am–noon at Colonial Hills congregation (3539 S 7 Hwy Blue Springs.) Thank you for spreading the word! Please let Greg Wilson (email@example.com) know of volunteers.