Participate in celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Lake Doniphan Conference & Retreat Center! For a $20 donation, you can receive a 75th Anniversary t-shirt or for a $15 donation, you can receive a Lake Doniphan Coffee Mug. Contact the Central Mission Center office. Sizes available: Kids S-XL; Adult S-XXL. Additional donations gladly accepted.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- 2nd & 4th Saturdays 10:30 am – 2:00 pm Coldwater of Lee’s Summit’s Food Pantry and Clothes Closet Friend’s Days (except in Nov. and Dec. when it is 1st & 3rd Saturdays). Bring your ID.
- 1st,2nd & 4th Thursdays 10:00 am—2:00 pm, Crochet skills needed for plastic mat preparation for the homeless at Village Heights
- First Fridays at East 39th Congregation—Project Linus Blanket Day sewing ministry. Contact Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1st and 3rd Fridays 9:45 am—11:45 am, MOMS @ Colonial Hills (3539 S 7 Hwy, Blue Springs) for mothers. Childcare provided.
- New Covenant Discipleship Groups at Good Shepherd. Anyone interested in enhancing their devotional life and sharing their discipleship journey in community is welcome! Meetings are twice a month and currently we have a group on Monday afternoons, Tuesday nights or Thursday mornings. Contact Nancy L. Shaw at 816.737.2061 for more information
- February 5th ELEVATE!- All Are Called. We will meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Colonial Hills Congregation (3539 MO-7, Blue Springs). It is time for the youth of Central Mission to gather for food, fun, games, and meaningful conversations, engaging activities, prizes, music and more! You won’t want to miss this! Questions? Contact Tyler Horringa at 816-595-1735 or email at email@example.com. For more information please Click Here
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- Kids’ Club for grades K-5 at Woods Chapel and Lee’s Summit Congregations. Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:00 pm 1st and 3rd Wed at Woods Chapel 2nd and 4th at Lee’s Summit. Dinner served weekly at both locations (LS at 5:30, WC at 6:00)
- GRACELAND UNIVERSITY Your Church/Your School…”The Power of Together.” Contact your admissions counselor, Emily Martz, for information on joining the Graceland Family. Emartz@graceland.edu and 816-423-4701
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the third Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- January 26 6:30-7:30 pm Habitat For Humanity Concert/Fundraiser at Beacon Heights. Address: 19402 Holke Rd, Independence Mo 64057.
- January 26 6:00 – 7:00 pm ‘I AM’ Open Mic Nite at the Main Street Coffee House, 107 S Main St., Independence, MO. This is sponsored by Stone Church Ministry of the Arts. Bring a poem, musical instrument, joke, song….. or just come! All ages welcome. More info? Contact Marcia Pugh, firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-217-6397
- February 1, 12:00 – 7:00 pm Troop 161 is hosting the 16th Annual Chili, Soup, Potato Bar, Chili Dogs event. This event will be held at East Alton. Meal will be $6.00 and includes drinks and dessert.
- February 2 – March 1 Peace Pavilion Read-a-thon Fundraiser GREAT PRIZES! Contact Roxy Kellogg at 816-796-4407 with any questions.
- February 3 Church Women United will meet at First Christian Church, Independence. Program- “Keeping Your Heart Healthy”
- February 2 – March 1 Peace Pavilion Read-a-thon Fundraiser Contact Roxy Kellogg at 816-796-4407. Great Prizes available!
- February 9, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm, Center Place Singers Chicken Dinner at Stone Church
- February 22 12:00 pm Camp Moja Chili Cook Off at Liberty St. Free event. Items will be available for purchase and donations accepted.
- February 22 7:00pm Coffee House Events Central Mission Center invites you to join us at 15006 E. 39th St Indep. Featuring Chad Elliott.
- March 7 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Living the Nonviolent Life, With John Dear. A day long workshop exploring active nonviolence. This event will be held at Avila University, Kansas City, MO. Co-Sponsored by Central USA Mission Center Justice and Peace Action Team.
- March 8 2:00 pm The Nonviolent Path as Illuminated by Jesus– An assembly of worship and dialogue. Held at Community of Christ Temple with Guest Presenter John Dear.
- February 5 11:15 am Retired Appointees and Spouses meet at Pizza Ranch. Program: Local History and Archeology, Gail Lundeen.
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact email@example.com or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- Kids Jam Club at South Crysler seeking program volunteers. Classroom Assistants needed from 3:30—6:00 pm on Wednesdays and Dish Room help from 6:00—7:00 pm. For additional info contact Glenda White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lee’s Summit Food Pantry and Clothes Closet needs volunteers on Saturdays. If interested, contact Marti at email@example.com for dates and times.
- Printing Operator- Central Mission Center- part-time. Primary responsibilities include printing weekly bulletins and other congregational and mission center publications. To work Tues, Weds, and Thurs (as needed). Basic machine knowledge necessary. Lifting required, 60 LBS boxes. Apply at Central Mission Center office. For more questions contact Jared Sloan, 816-833-4300 ext 607, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temple Spirituality Center Coordinator- full-time. Details can be found here
- Central Mission Center President- full-time position. Details can be found here