2018 Central USA Mission Field Priesthood Gathering
Breathe New Life
September 21st and 22nd
For more details
The Central Mission Center office will be CLOSED Monday, September 3 for Labor Day
SAVE THE DATE : Central Mission Center Conference November 11, 2018-2:00pm
- Conference kids at World Conference 2019, April 6-13. We are looking for teachers for special interest classes (e.g. crochet, woodworking, ukulele, etc.) One to two hours, Monday thru Thursday during World Conference. We also need 6 stand-alone umbrella canopies. Contact Wendy Scafe 816-520-1042 or Loretta Harlacher at 928-242-3095.
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE
If you are preparing for priesthood ministry, make plans to attend the appropriate classes. Please register by calling Lavone Little at the mission center office 816-595-1748 or email@example.com. This will help the instructors plan accordingly. All are welcome to attend these courses.
- September 14 & 15 6:00-9:00 and 9:00-5:00 MP 302, 303, 304, & 305 (Ministry of the Deacon, Teacher, Priest, & Elder) @ Woods Chapel (500 NE Woods Chapel Rd., Lee’s Summit).
- October 6,13,20, &27 9:00-12:30 SS 400 Introduction to Scripture @ Good Shepherd (4341 Blue Ridge Blvd., Kansas City)
- Online Temple School Courses Two Ministry and Priesthood classes will be available online for those finding it difficult to attend live events. Each learning class lasts 8 weeks during which students proceed through readings, videos, and quizzes together. Students may access each week’s class 24 hours a day, 6 days a week providing flexibility in class schedules. The following classes are open for registration (limited space). Introduction to Scripture and Ministry of the Disciple September 8–November 2. To register visit the site http://developmetrics.org and click on “USA Registration Form.” Pay registration fee of $25.00 online or via mailed check.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- Each Wednesday Good Shepherd congregation (4341 Blue Ridge Blvd., Kansas City) will have a STRETCH YOGA class from 9:30 am-10:30 am, led by Margaret French. Cost is only $2 per class. Everyone is welcome. RSVP to Nancy L. Shaw at 816-737-2061 if interested.
- Project Linus Blanket day at 10:00am the first Friday of every month at East 39th Street Congregation (15006 E 39th St, Independence). Bring your lunch, sewing machine, and a project to work on. If you need a project, a kit will be available. If you have questions call Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every Sunday at 7 pm Afterglow is a new and exciting contemporary Community of Christ worship service featuring a live band and uplifting popular songs. This type of worship has been successfully meeting the spiritual needs of students at Graceland University for many years and it is now happening in Independence as well! All are invited to the Main Street Coffee House (107 S. Main Street, Independence), sponsored by Stone Church. Free coffee and tea will be available!
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One will be at 10:00am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the third Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- Do you love church history? Visit the annual John Whitmer Historical Association meeting in Blue Springs, Missouri at the Adams Pointe Conference Center to learn and explore our history with scholars from a variety of backgrounds. Our theme, “Our Stories Fashion Order out of Chaos” celebrates the rich history and personal stories of our faith. Visit little known sites in Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas, take a guided wagon ride around the Temple lot, enjoy a casual coach ride to the Bingham Waggoner estate and the Hamilton, MO Quilt festival, or take a class to hone your history skills. Sunday, join Joseph III and Ada as they celebrate the history of our hymns at our annual hymn sing. Find out more at www.jwha.info. Advance registration is required. Registration closes September 15, 2018.
- August 25 “Lifestyle as Stewardship” Health & Spirituality Workshop 8:30 am – 4:30 pm at the Temple. Keynote address “Lifestyles of the Rich in Spirit” by Joy A. Weydert, MD, FAAP. Early-bird registration $60 has been extended to August 22. $70 after August 22. Discounts available for students, seniors and HMA members. Register online at www.hmacofchrist.org or call the Health Ministries office: 816-833-1000×1262.