Delegates needed to represent Central Mission Center for 2019 World Conference. If interested, please contact Laura Reed 833-4300 ext. 637 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jared Sloan 833-4300 ext.607 or email@example.com
*** DELEGATE INFORMATIONAL MEETING MARCH 17 ***
2:30 PM @ BEACON HEIGHTS CONGREGATION
Professional Law Enforcement Officers' Association
Will be holding its pre-Conference meeting on Friday, April 5th, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. in the Temple Council Room. Agenda will include election of officers, review by-laws, and discuss Conference protocols and assignments. Open to all active, retired, or reserve law enforcement officers and extended to military personnel who served as military-police specialists. Members of other public safety entities and the military (active or retired) are welcome to attend also. Contact John Bullard Jr. jbullard@CofChrist.org or 816-521-3046 for additional information.
Reunion & Camp Registrations Open
Share your Hospitality with International Delegates! Please consider opening your home to one or more of our international delegates.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
- Several hundred international delegates and field ministers will be in town from April 1-13
- Approximately 80 homes are needed to host our brothers and sisters during their stay in the area
- If you are a delegate from Central or Midlands Mission Center, sharing your home with our international visitors can enrich the entire World Conference experience for you both.
Whether you are a delegate or not, this is a unique opportunity to experience our worldwide church and make lasting friendships. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Dawn Pagat at 816-833-1000 ext. 2466 firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 5 2:30 pm, Congregational Safety Informational Meeting @ Good Shepherd
- August 4-10, Adventurer’s Reunion You are invited to “Reconnect” with friends from many places, coming together to create sacred community. This adventure is NOT for the faint of heart. Activities will include strenuous high altitude hikes, white water rafting & horseback riding in the Colorado Rockies. Singing, playing, laughing, dialogue and worship will be some elements of this unique gathering! God will be waiting! There is NO programming for children or youth. We will be offering excursions during the trip (whitewater rafting and horseback riding will be an additional fee). Attendees must be 1 year out of high school or older to attend. Click Here for more details.
- Esperanza and Harambe Reunions
A message from the reunion directors:
We are excitedly planning reunion and hope many of you can join us at Lake Doniphan this summer! Both Esperanza and Harambe Reunions are family camps that will be full of worship, fun, and fellowship. Just choose the dates that work best for you. We want to encourage everyone to please indicate on your registration if you are willing to help in any way (assisting in worship, music, children’s classes, prayer for peace, unique talents that might be part of a breakout class or activity, etc.). Your registration is the best way for us to know who is able to help. Thanks, and see you soon! For more info CLICK HERE
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE
- May 3, 6:00 – 9:00 pm & May 4, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Introduction to Priesthood Ministry @ Walnut Gardens
- May 17, 6:00 pm—9:00 pm & May 18, 9:00 am—4:00 pm Ministry of the Deacon, Ministry of the Priest, Ministry of the Elder classes @ Woods Chapel
- eLearning Classes: Registration begins March 22 (first come, first-served.
- Introduction to Scripture (SS400) Required for new ordinands and those exploring scripture study.April 20–June 14 (limit 30)
- Ministry of the Teacher (MP 303) Required for new Teachers and those exploring Teachers ministry.April 20—May 31 (limit 10)
- Ministry with Latter-day Seekers (DS6377) Introduces Community of Christ members to ministry with Latter-day Seekers. An experienced Latter-day Seeker minister will guide participants (Seventy Karin Peter).April 20—May 10 (limit 25)
- Children & Youth Core Training (0106) Students work through the training necessary to prepare for registration (note: C&YW Registration is not complete until training, application, and approval as required).April 7—July 15 (class takes about a week and can be completed anytime between these dates).
Please visit developmetrics.org and click on “USA Registration Form” page after March 22.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- March 30, 7:00 pm Restoration Hymn Sing at Stone Church, 1012 W. Lexington Ave., Independence, MO 64050. Refreshments will be served in the Luff Auditorium following the service. Sing the hymns of Zion with brothers and sisters from many branches of the Restoration
- MOMS meets on first and third Fridays from 9:45 am-noon at Colonial Hills (3539 S 7 Hwy Blue Springs). For young children please bring a labeled sippy cup, stroller, and diaper bag. For more information Click Here
- March 20, ELEVATE! NO ELEVATE…. Happy Spring Break! 6:45-8:30pm for 6-12 graders. We will meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Colonial Hills Congregation (3539 MO-7, Blue Springs). It is time for the youth of Central Mission to gather for food, fun, games, and meaningful conversations, engaging activities, prizes, music and more! You won’t want to miss this! Questions? Contact Tyler Horringa at 816-595-1735 or email at email@example.com. For more information please Click Here
- July 8—11, 9 am—Noon, Music & Art Kids’ Arts Camp Imagine and Create at Good Shepherd, 4341 Blue Ridge Blvd. KCMO. For kids who have completed grades 1-7. Mark your calendars and watch for registration details that will be posted here on April 28. Fourteen interesting and fun classes; all of the favorites & some new classes to choose from. Looking forward to seeing Returning Campers and to meeting First Timers!
- Wednesdays 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Kids’ Club for grades K-5 1st & 3rd Wednesday s at Woods Chapel and 2nd & 4th at Lee’s Summit. Dinner served weekly at both locations (LS at 5:30 pm—WC at 6:00pm).
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- GRACELAND UNIVERSITY Your Church/Your School…”The Power of Together.” Contact your admissions counselor, Keeyon Johnson, for information on joining the Graceland Family. Keeyon.firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-423-4701.
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the second Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
March 24, A Read-a-Thon Fundraiser for children 6th grade and below. Great prizes for all who participate. Call Roxy Kellogg for details 816-796-4407.
TODAY, 6:00 -7:30 pm, Stone Church Ministry of the Arts opportunity at Main Street Coffee House. Bring poetry or music to share or just come to have fun! Contact Marcia Pugh at email@example.com, or call Stone Church, 254-2211.
- April 3, 11:15 am, Retired Appointees and Spouses at Pizza Ranch, Independence. Presented by Joey Williams.
- Volunteers and Items needed for April 6 – 13, 2019 Conference Kids
6 Umbrella Stand-Alone Canopies
Lesson teachers for 1st & 2nd Grade, 3 & 4th Grade, 5 & 6th Grade as well as teachers of Recreation, Crafts, Ukelele, Yoga, and Cartooning. (2 hours, Mon. – Thurs.)
Shopkeepers for the Friday Jerusalem Marketplace.
Contact Wendy Scafe or Loretta Harlacher if you are able to help.
- The Snack Bar is in need of volunteers to work the counter at noon. Sandwich makers are needed in the afternoon and volunteers to work the counter in the evening. The Snack Bar will be open from 7am to 7pm. If you are available, please call Lisa Freberg 816-590-7009.
The food providers for lunch are in need of cashiers. The cashiers will sit at the front of the lines. All 4 lines will be open for the first Sunday. Then there will only be 2 lines for lunch the rest of the time. Dinner will not be served in the dining room. If you are available, please call Susan Naylor 816.529.3718.
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- MOMS group is seeking Childcare volunteers. Grandparents and friends who would like to help are needed on first and third Fridays from 9:45 am–noon at Colonial Hills congregation (3539 S 7 Hwy Blue Springs.) Thank you for spreading the word! Please let Greg Wilson (email@example.com) know of volunteers.
- World Conference temporary positions: Worship Runner, Registration Assistant, Facilities/Maintenance Assistant, Facilities Set-up Assistant Herald House Bookstore Staff, and Herald House Bookstore Assistant Manager. If interested go toCofChrist.org/human-resources-job-opportunities. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
- Intern Positions at IHQ: History Intern—Nauvoo and History Intern—Kirtland. If interested go toCofChrist.org/human-resources-job-opportunities. Applications accepted until positions are filled.