Lake Doniphan Conference & Retreat Center celebrates 75 years of service in 2019!
We need photographs of people & buildings at camps, retreats and reunions.
We’d prefer electronic files, but will take hard copies with name and info on the back.
Send to email@example.com or 500 W. Pacific Ave, Independence MO
- August 4-10, Adventurer’s Reunion You are invited to “Reconnect” with friends from many places, coming together to create sacred community. This adventure is NOT for the faint of heart. Activities will include strenuous high altitude hikes, white water rafting & horseback riding in the Colorado Rockies. Singing, playing, laughing, dialogue and worship will be some elements of this unique gathering! God will be waiting! There is NO programming for children or youth. We will be offering excursions during the trip (whitewater rafting and horseback riding will be an additional fee). Attendees must be 1 year out of high school or older to attend. Click Here for more details.
- August 10, 9:00 am – noon Celebrating Women II a Women’s workshop at Highlands Community of Christ (7615 N. Platte Purchase Dr. KC MO). Guest Ministry team: Janne’ Grover, Carol Caplinger and Nancy Short. Questions call Mary Jane Stafford 816-335-5285.
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE
eLearning Classes: Registration begins July 10 for 8 weeks (first come, first-served).
- Introduction to Priesthood Ministry (MP 300) Aug 8—Sept 27 ($25)
- Ministry of the Priest (MP 304) August 8—Sept 27 ($25)
- Ministry of the Elder (MP 305) August 8—Sept 27 ($25)
- Children & Youth Core Training (0106) Continues through July 15
Visit developmetrics.org & click on “USA Registration Form” page.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- 1st,2nd & 4th Thursdays 10:00 am—2:00 pm, Crochet skills needed for plastic mat preparation for the homeless at Village Heights
- First Fridays at East 39th Congregation—Project Linus Blanket Day sewing ministry. Contact Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 24-26 (8 a.m. – 7 p.m.) & July 27 (8 a.m. – 2 p.m.) Huge Tag Sale at Colonial Hills. Most items are priced $5 on Wed., $3 on Thurs., $1 on Fri. and $.50 on Sat. Proceeds benefit our youth camping ministry! More Info 816-229-9344 or email@example.com.
- July 15 6:00-8:00 pm at Diamond Bowl and Billards on the Independence square. Free bowling and snacks. “Sponsored by Stone Church”.
- July 27 9:00 am-2:00 pm Free Clothing Exchange at Summit Grove. Infants to adult. Donations appreciated but not required. For more info, contact Elaine Schwensen 254-6524.
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- GRACELAND UNIVERSITY Your Church/Your School…”The Power of Together.” Contact your admissions counselor, Kevin Brown, for information on joining the Graceland Family. Kevin.Brown@graceland.edu or 641-784-5149
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the second Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- July 28, 6:00—7:00 pm Open Mic Event to share Poetry & Music @ Main Street Coffee House. No age limits! Sponsored by Stone Church Ministry of the Arts (Informal Arts Ministry…I AM). Contact Marcia Pugh firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Stone Church 254-2211.
- August 24: Health & Spirituality Workshop, “Walking with God toward Wholeness” at the Temple. Registration will open June 24.
- September 28: SAVE THE DATE: Health Ministries Benefit Golf Tournament at WinterStone Golf Course. Put together a congregational team or two and start practicing.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
- August 5th-9th; at New Hope (220 W. Moore, Indep) 9:00 a.m. – noon. Pre-K through 6th grade (ages 4-11), Theme: Walking through the Bible
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact email@example.com or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- Part-time position at IHQ: Facilities Housekeeping and Set-Up. The position description and application can be found at https://www.cofchrist.org/human-resources-job-opportunities
Positions are available at Lake Doniphan Conference & Retreat Center.
- Maintenance & Grounds Keeping Manager – Responsibilities include but are not limited to, overseeing the daily operations of the maintenance of camp property including scheduling and supervision of full time, part time and seasonal employees; developing, implementing, and monitoring progress of a strategic plan for the facilities and grounds maintenance department; performing and managing a wide array of repairs including mechanical, plumbing, electrical, structural, HVAC, vehicles, painting, etc.; supervising grounds keeping operations and staff to maintain grounds and facilities to provide a safe, attractive, and clean environment for all, assisting where needed. Hands on and direct participation in all aspects of facilities and grounds maintenance expected.
Questions or interest please contact Katelin Calhoun at firstname.lastname@example.org