Participate in celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Lake Doniphan Conference & Retreat Center! For a $20 donation, you can receive a 75th Anniversary t-shirt. Contact the Central Mission Center office. Sizes available: Kids S-XL; Adult S-XXL. Additional donations gladly accepted.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- November 23 7:00 pm Storytellers Evening at Village Heights. Come at 6:00 pm for a bake sale sponsored by Women of Village Heights.
- November 23 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Youth Yard/Bake Sale New Walnut Park
- December 7 9:00 – 11:30 am Free Breakfast With Santa at Beacon Heights Activities will be Crafts, Face-Painting, Photographer, and free photos with Santa, plus free pancake breakfast. If you have any questions please call Tammy Wilson at 214-335-4065 or Larry Martin at 816-550-4429.
- December 14 9:00 am – Noon Breakfast With Santa & Christmas Shoppe at Colonial Hills. Free pancake breakfast! Have your photo taken with Santa ($1 or bring your own camera). Shop great gift selections ($1.50 each) for the whole family. Free gift wrapping! Prize drawings! Invite your friends. 816-229-9344 colonial-hills.org
- December 18 5:00 – 9:00 pm “Preparing for the Birth” a self-guided worship experience at Colonial Hills
- 2nd & 4th Saturdays 10:30 am – 2:00 pm Coldwater of Lee’s Summit’s Food Pantry and Clothes Closet Friend’s Days (except in Nov. and Dec. when it is 1st & 3rd Saturdays). Bring your ID.
- 1st,2nd & 4th Thursdays 10:00 am—2:00 pm, Crochet skills needed for plastic mat preparation for the homeless at Village Heights
- First Fridays at East 39th Congregation—Project Linus Blanket Day sewing ministry. Contact Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or email@example.com.
- 1st and 3rd Fridays 9:45 am—11:45 am, MOMS @ Colonial Hills (3539 S 7 Hwy, Blue Springs) for mothers. Childcare provided.
- New Covenant Discipleship Groups at Good Shepherd. Anyone interested in enhancing their devotional life and sharing their discipleship journey in community is welcome! Meetings are twice a month and currently we have a group on Monday afternoons, Tuesday nights or Thursday mornings. Contact Nancy L. Shaw at 816.737.2061 for more information
- November 20 Elevate 6:45-8:30pm for 6-12 graders. Theme: Blessing Bags & Stewardship. We will meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Colonial Hills Congregation (3539 MO-7, Blue Springs). It is time for the youth of Central Mission to gather for food, fun, games, and meaningful conversations, engaging activities, prizes, music and more! You won’t want to miss this! Questions? Contact Tyler Horringa at 816-595-1735 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please Click Here
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- Kids’ Club for grades K-5 at Woods Chapel and Lee’s Summit Congregations. Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:00 pm 1st and 3rd Wed at Woods Chapel 2nd and 4th at Lee’s Summit. Dinner served weekly at both locations (LS at 5:30, WC at 6:00)
- GRACELAND UNIVERSITY Your Church/Your School…”The Power of Together.” Contact your admissions counselor, Emily Martz, for information on joining the Graceland Family. Emartz@graceland.edu and 816-423-4701
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the second Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
- November 24 6:00 pm Peace Pavilion Holiday Show Fundraiser Free Admission.
- November 24 6:00 – 7:00pm “I AM”….. OPEN MIC NITE at the Main Street Coffee House, 107 S. Main St. Independence, Mo. Come enjoy sharing and listening to Poetry, Music, Jokes… and more. All ages welcome. Coffee and refreshments available. Contact: Marcia Pugh, 816-217-6397, email@example.com, or call Stone Church, 816-254-2211.
- December 8 7:00 pm, How Far to Bethlehem?- Temple Advent Service Participants from throughout the church will share in Advent ministry through readings and song heralding the birth of Christ. The service will be webcast and will include videos from across the world including Germany, Canada, Dominican Republic, French Polynesia, Africa, and more in addition to live ministry in the Temple Service. Join us for Advent.
- December 14, January 18, February 22 7:00pm Coffee House Events Central Mission Center invites you to join us at 15006 E. 39th St Indep. Dec. 14 will feature “Sounds of the Season” with Amy Stout Jeffers, Anna Rider Gard, Sandra Byrne, Julie Collins, Kinsey Collins, Brenden Chandler, and others. Jan. 18 will feature Graceland University’s Afterglow Band. Feb. 22 will feature Chad Elliott.
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- Kids Jam Club at South Crysler seeking program volunteers. Classroom Assistants needed from 3:30—6:00 pm on Wednesdays and Dish Room help from 6:00—7:00 pm. For additional info contact Glenda White at email@example.com.
- Lee’s Summit Food Pantry and Clothes Closet needs volunteers on Saturdays. If interested, contact Marti at firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and times.
- Ministry Support Position- Central Mission Center- part-time. Primary responsibilities include: weekly bulletin and mission center announcements processing for printing; mission center recorder; office visitor first contact. Apply at Central Mission Center, 500 W Pacific. Ave Indep, Mo and include current resume.For more questions contact Jared Sloan, 816-833-4300 ext 607, email@example.com
- Printing Operator- Central Mission Center- part-time. Primary responsibilities include printing weekly bulletins and other congregational and mission center publications. To work Tues, Weds, and Thurs (as needed). Basic machine knowledge necessary. Lifting required, 60 LBS boxes. Apply at Central Mission Center office. For more questions contact Jared Sloan, 816-833-4300 ext 607, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stone church AV Specialist: Duties include managing the audio and video for all Worship services & training others to operate the audio and video systems. All inquiries must complete an application. This is a paid position.