The Central Mission Center office will be CLOSED December 24- January 2
Christmas And New Year's Print Schedule
*December 16 bulletins due Monday, Dec 10, no later than 10:00AM and will be available for pick-up on or before Thursday, Dec 13
*December 23 bulletins due Wednesday, Dec. 12, no later than 10:00AM and will be available for pick up by noon on Thursday, Dec. 20
*December 30 bulletins due Monday, Dec. 17, no later than 10:00AM and will be available for pick-up by noon on Friday, Dec. 21
*January 6 bulletins due Wednesday, Jan. 2, no later than 10:00AM and will be available for pick-up after noon on Friday, Jan. 4
DEVELOP DISCIPLES TO SERVE
- November 27, 6:00pm to 8:00pm Temple School Class Introduction to Priesthood Ministry at South Crysler taught by Tom Bennett. Contact Karen Clapper if interested in attending this class at 816-807-0626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference Kids at World Conference 2019, April 6-13. We are looking for teachers for special interest classes (e.g. crochet, woodworking, ukulele, etc.) One to two hours, Monday thru Thursday during World Conference. We also need 6 stand-alone umbrella canopies. Contact Wendy Scafe 816-520-1042 or Loretta Harlacher at 928-242-3095.
EXPERIENCE CONGREGATIONS IN MISSION
- Project Linus Blanket day at 10:00am the first Friday of every month at East 39th Street Congregation (15006 E 39th St, Independence). Bring your lunch, sewing machine, and a project to work on. If you need a project, a kit will be available. If you have questions call Sharon Parcel 816-289-7593 or email email@example.com.
- Tuesdays Book of Mormon class at South Crysler congregation (3100 S Crysler, Independence) from 9:30 am-10:30 am. Facilitator: Karen Moreland. For more info, contact Karen Moreland (816-358-0487).
- MOMS meets on first and third Fridays from 9:45 am-noon at Colonial Hills (3539 S 7 Hwy Blue Springs). For young children please bring a labeled sippy cup, stroller, and diaper bag. For more information Click Here
- Weekly South Crysler’s Four F Club (fellowship, fun, friends, food) meets every week and has been making “Pillows of Comfort” for the patients at Centerpoint Hospital. They have made and donated over 8,000 pillows. They need 100% cotton fabric (quilting). A fat quarter makes one pillow; a yard makes four pillows. If you would like to donate fabric or funds to purchase fabric, contact Gina Green at 816-616-8982.
- December 1, 9:00 am – Noon, Free Breakfast with Santa & Christmas Shoppe at Colonial Hills. Free pancake breakfast! Have your photo taken with Santa ($1.00 or bring your own camera). Shop the great gift selections ($1.50 each) for the whole family. Free gift wrapping! Prize drawings! Invite your friends. 816-229-9344 colonial-hills.org
- December 1, 9:00 am – noon Santa’s Breakfast- Good Shepherd Crafts, Pictures with Santa. *New This Year* our life size “Elf on a Shelf” will join us! A Gluten Free Option will be available.
- December 1, 9:00 am – 11:00 am Breakfast with Santa- Lee’s Summit Games & Crafts – Visit Santa.
- December 8, 9:00-11:30 am Breakfast with Santa, FREE pancake breakfast & Christmas activities for whole family @ Colbern Road
- December 14, 15, & 16, Christmas Musical; Join Good Shepherd in Celebrating the Christmas season with a heartfelt Christmas Musical. All ages are welcome to this event. Childcare will be provided for Saturday’s show.To reserve childcare please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thursday & Friday at 7:00pm. Saturday at 2:00pm.
- December 14, 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm Silent Night Youth Activity at New Walnut Park. (1137 S. Pearl St., Indep., MO 64050). Youth in Kindergarten – 16 yrs. are invited to come for a night of fun, games, crafts, dinner, cookies, and a movie. Dinner will be served from 5:45-6:15 p.m. There may be a special visitor too. Kids can also bring a blanket and pillow for movie time. Cost: $5.00/youth. Spots are limited! You MUST R.S.V.P with Paula by Friday, Dec. 7 @ email@example.com.
- December 5 Elevate! NO ELEVATE! Happy Thanksgiving 6:45-8:30pm for 6-12 graders. We will meet the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Colonial Hills Congregation (3539 MO-7, Blue Springs). It is time for the youth of Central Mission to gather for food, fun, games, and meaningful conversations, engaging activities, prizes, music and more! You won’t want to miss this! Questions? Contact Tyler Horringa at 816-595-1735 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information please Click Here
- Wednesdays 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Kids’ Club for grades K-5 1st & 3rd Wednesday s at Woods Chapel and 2nd & 4th at Lee’s Summit. Dinner served weekly at both locations (LS at 5:30 pm—WC at 6:00pm).
- ALL AGES WELCOME Colonial Hills Youth Ministries invites you to Play Group (birth-pre-k), Community Kid’s Club (K-5th), or Youth Group (6th-12th) where we meet regularly. Join us as you would like! Calendars of events may be found at colonial-hills.org
- December 6, Retired Appointees and Spouses will meet at 11:15 at Pizza Ranch, 4660 S.Bass Pro Drive, Independence. Speakers: Greg Wilson and Carole Price
- December 2, 2:30 pm 33rd Annual Mayor’s Christmas Concert, All are invited to the 33rd Annual Mayor’s Christmas Concert, benefitting Community Services League, at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, December 2 at the Community of Christ Auditorium, 1001 W. Walnut. The concert, which was started in 1985, features performances by more than 500 fourth grade students from the Independence School District and Nativity of Mary schools. Also performing are the Spirit of Independence Band, the Truman High School Concert Choir and the Young MAIsterSingers from the Music Arts Institute. There is no charge; a free-will offering will be taken. The program assists those in need living in Independence. Since its inception, more than $400,000 has been raised for assistance programs and services that are administered through the Community Services League.
- December 3, 1:00 pm 25th Anniversary of the Daily Prayer for Peace. Join the First Presidency and organist Jan Kraybill for a celebration in the Temple Sanctuary.
- December 3, 10:00 am Church Women United @ First Christian Church , 125 S. Pleasant, 125 S. Pleasant; bring cookies and gifts for Hope House.
- December 9, Independence Messiah Choir, Community of Christ Temple, 201 S. River Blvd., Independence.The Choir has been presenting Handel’s Messiah to the community since 1916. Through the years, the Choir performed in various venues in Independence and Kansas City, including the Auditorium and the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. In 2018, the Independence Messiah Choir returns to Independence for an Advent service featuring sing-alongs and solos. The event starts at 7 p.m. Dec. 9 in the Community of Christ Temple. Admission is free. A goodwill offering will be received.For more information, call 816-833-1000 or visit www.CofChrist.org/messiah
- Graceland Alumni Coffee Clubs at Perkins Restaurant (Hwy 291 and 39th, Independence). One meets at 10:00 am on the First Friday of each month and the other at 11:30 am on the third Monday of each month. Come join us for great fellowship and information about all the exciting “happenings” at Graceland. You are welcome to join one or both groups. Questions? Call Yvonne Donald, 816-478-9765 or Gretchen Booz, 816-847-8074.
Volunteers and Items needed for April 6 – 13, 2019 Conference Kids
6 Umbrella Stand-Alone Canopies
Lesson teachers for 1st & 2nd Grade, 3 & 4th Grade, 5 & 6th Grade as well as teachers of Recreation, Crafts, Ukelele, Yoga, and Cartooning. (2 hours, Mon. – Thurs.)
Shopkeepers for the Friday Jerusalem Marketplace.
Contact Wendy Scafe or Loretta Harlacher if you are able to help.
- The Peace Pavilion is greatly in need of volunteer tour docents. Docents teach a brief peace lesson and explain the exhibits to visitors. Tours are usually scheduled in the morning on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Saturdays. If you enjoy working with children and have completed the Child Protection Training or are willing to do so please contact email@example.com or 816-521-3033 for more info.
- MOMS group is seeking Childcare Grandparents and friends who would like to help are needed on first and third Fridays from 9:45 am–noon at Colonial Hills congregation (3539 S 7 Hwy Blue Springs.) Thank you for spreading the word! Please let Greg Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) know of volunteers.
- Ushers needed for the Messiah Choir/Advent Service at the Temple. Event starts 7:00 pm. December 9, ushers may need to be there up to an hour ahead. No need to stay after the event. If you can help, please contact David Bolton, email@example.com or 816-833-1000 ext. 2353.